Angel Sanchez S/S 2013

Written By Fashion360Magazine on Tuesday 9 October 2012 | 00:00



By: Devin Cole
Images by: Rebekah Schott
Angel Sanchez’s presentation was a perfect example of a harmonious marriage of fine art and fashion. He collaborated with sculptor Rafael Barrios to create a dichotomic collection that was both sharp and soft. Although his designs where quite conceptual he was able to cleverly edit his work so that it was still wearable. His lofty approach to fashion notwithstanding, Sanchez is a very warm soul and welcomed my questions with a kiss on the cheek and a smile.

“My inspiration came from his work, the geometric work of Rafael Barrios. When I saw his sculpture on Park Avenue in the spring, I came up with the idea to explore the balance between geometric shapes and the princess line. Then the flower because I saw over near the sculpture, the tulip, so I though let me play with that. Because I have always been an architect, so princess lines and geometric shapes have helped me and have always been present in my work. And flowers are all about women, femininity, beautiful pastel colors. So that’s where it came from.”



0 comments:

Post a Comment